The Earth Day Event was the ninth in-game event, which lasted 3 days (72 hours) from 20th of April 2018 to 23rd of April 2018, and was available for both iOS and Android. The main draw was the introduction of Sea Dragons.
For the duration of the event, a new level was available which could be accessed from either the camp or from the level's map. The goal of this new level was to collect enough event points to unlock the 10 prizes offered (which, once achieved, were sent to the camp like other level completion awards). The level could not be reset, but required no chalices to begin or resume.
As with other special events, a constant internet connection was required to participate. Loss of connectivity during the event resulted in an inability to continue game play and freezing the progress in the level until connection was re-established.
In addition to the Sea Dragons, Nests of Aqua Dragon Eggs could be bought in the Camp's Shop for Dragon Gems, though the time they could be purchased wasn't limited to the event time, and were available through all the time Version 2.7.0 was available (and afterwards(?))
The event offered 10 prizes, one for each tier of points accumulated. Every time sufficient points were achieved, the counter was reset for the next goal. The points could be obtained by tapping Seashells which in turn could be achieved by either harvesting/tapping Starfishes; healing the dead land; harvesting Coral Objects; or opening Earth Day Chests and Secret Earth Day Capsules.
The prizes were as follows:
|1||Sea Dragon Egg||The sait-soaked egg of a pelagic dragon.||3|
|2||Magnificent Dragon Star||Mythical||22|
|3||Sea Dragon Egg||The sait-soaked egg of a pelagic dragon.||235|
|4||Nest of Bunny Dragon Eggs||Tap to collect eggs!||420|
|5||Sea Dragon Egg||The sait-soaked egg of a pelagic dragon.||640|
|6||Life Tree Sprout||Rare||1,560|
|7||Nest of Sea Dragon Eggs||Tap to collect eggs!||3,870|
|8||Green Moon Starfish||Epic||5,400|
|9||Bunny Dragon - Level 3 Trophy||Dragon Power: 45||6,570|
|10||Noble Sea Dragon - Level 4 Trophy||Dragon Power: 150||11,230|
The 29,950 point total is roughly equivalent to one level 9 and two level 8 Seashells.
In the event, various offers related to Dragon Gems were available.
Secret Earth Day CapsulesEdit
Three types of event treasure capsules were offered during the Earth Day Event. Though given level values and a match chain screen, they did not actually merge. A Bronze Treasure Capsule could be obtained for free once every 3 hours. The shop could be accessed from the bottom right of the screen in the level. Two silver capsules were presented on the level's map.
|Name||Rarity||Description||Guaranteed Rewards||Possible Rewards||Price (Dragon Gems)|
|Bronze Treasure Capsule||Uncommon||Bronze Treasure Capsule - Level 1||5+ points||Bones,
(One for free every three hours)
|Silver Treasure Capsule||Rare||Silver Treasure Capsule - Level 2||150+ points||??, Tanzanite Egg||60|
|Gold Treasure Capsule||Rare||Gold Treasure Capsule - Level 3||300 - 1500 points||Wondrous Life Orb,||290|
Note: Only the italicized items were listed as possible rewards in the Secret Earth Day Capsules shop.
A special shop was available during the event, and all items could be bought with gems. The shop could be accessed from the bottom right of the screen, under the Secret Earth Day Capsules shop.
|Name||Description||Price (Dragon Gems)|
|Uncommon Red Starfish||Merge for purple Starfish!||30|
|Large Purple Starfish||Harvest for a tiny seashell for the special event!||70|
|Island Starfish||Harvest for a tiny seashell for the special event!||160|
|Wondrous Life Orb||Tap to heal dead land. Healing Power: 1024||38|
|Autumn Leaf||Will grow into a Lil' Autumn Sprout.||10|
|Lost Bud||Merge for Sunday Flower||10|
|Stone||Merge for Bricks||10|
|Emerald Plains Grass||Merge for a Life Flower Bud||6|
|Prism Flowers||Smell the rainbow! Can sometimes Tap for Healing Power!||10|
|Ruby Plains Grass||Merge for a Life Flower Bud||6|
|Stone Brick||Tap to collect, or Merge. (Spend Bricks in the Build Menu.)||10|
|Hill||But a simple mound.||10|
|Tanzanite Plains Grass||Merge for a Life Flower Bud||6|
|Life Flower Seed||Merge to grow Life Flower Sprouts.||10|
One-Time Offer Edit
A one time offer was presented, which could be accessed from the top right of the screen all the time of the event. For $10 (in the U.S.; the price varied depending on the country of the user), you could get 60 Dragon Gems, 3000 Seashells, and 1,100 Magic Currency.
Unique Behaviors Edit
Similarly to previous events identical nerfs have been made in order to make the level harder:
- Golden Apples Nerf - Golden Apples don't create any chests. In addition, the merging barely gives advanced tiers, and the rewards are life flowers, bronze, and gold magic coins.
- Overall Dragon Chests Nerf - as with the Golden Apples, not even a single merge chain will grant dragon chests. The only way to get more dragons is to make Wonders.
- Treasure Chests Nerf - like the two above, removed the drops of dragon eggs from treasure chests.
Feel free to write one if you've got the time :)
Not a full guide but a few suggestions:
- Merge the initial life flower sprout with the two in dead land.
- Hatch your first crimson dragon from the initial three crimson eggs.
- Start harvesting life orbs to start clearing land. Hatch your second
- Merge 3 or 5 as possible and use life orbs to clear the rest. Save grasses for merges in the 500 and 5000 range.
- Clear a bit of space, I suggest most of the 500 but not the 5000 areas to get a good sized space to work with.
- Now you have two options: A: go for life flowers to clear land or B buy something from the store to work up to a wonder for more dragons. These steps will address the life flower route.
- Don't merge trees above level 2 and leave room around them to spawn life flower sprouts. Merge life flower sprouts until you have two level 6 life flowers and start harvesting and merging life orbs until you have two level 9 life orbs. (AKA: farm, farm, farm)
- Pop the life orbs as close to the grand prize as possible to uncover that and some of the area around it.
- Harvest seashells until you have at least one level 9 and 2 level 8 seashell and then pop them. This will give you enough points for all the prizes. (yes this may take 8 hours, but it's worth it)
- Do you see that huge coral* (*it is called rainbow coral) that takes up 2x2 spaces and is in the middle of the spiral on the right side of the map? Are you not sure whether it is worth it to heal the land it is on? Well, it is worth it. It gives many large seashells (lvl 3), and every once in a while, when harvesting from it, you can get some large coral that you can harvest for even more large seashells!
- When you get a white earth day chest, don't collect it, wait to merge 5 of them.
- If you look over at the bottom right corner of the map, you will see a starfish with spikes on it. Heal it because you can harvest it for a medium shell instead of a tiny shell!
- There should be another spiky starfish South East of the middle of the spiral on the right side of the map. Heal that land and then than harvest those two spiky seashells. (see tip #9)
Or, if you have the time, just keep collecting seashells from your starfish/es, keep merging them, and win (eventually...).